Holding a patient’s hand before a procedure. Listening to their concerns with empathy. Comforting a frightened child. These are the qualities UNC Physicians Network seeks in their nurses. As one of our trusted nurses, you’ll help men and women get back on their feet while bringing them peace of mind. UNC Physicians Network nursing department is as much about kindness and caring for the whole person as it is about medical and technical knowledge.
- Job Type: Day Shifts, Night Shifts, Per Diem
- Job Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
What do we look for in a Nurse at UNC Physicians Network? Below are candidate traits that encompass the Empathy and Expertise needed to provide the exceptional care our patients deserve.
- Good listener
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
UNC really promotes being part of a team and they back it up by offering courses and classes for their employees to learn how to collaborate.
Ashley McQueen, RN Clinical Coordinator
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Vision and Dental insurance is available for employees through the North Carolina Flexible Benefits Program (NC Flex). Different families and individuals have different needs when it comes to health insurance. We offer three different levels of coverage to meet employees' personal needs.
Employees can feel secure in their future with a 403b account option. A 403b account functions like a 401k, but is offered by non-profit, religious, and government organizations.
We're aware of employees’ needs for time off from work, whether for planned rest and recreation, personal illness, or emergencies, and the importance of income continuation during those times.
Life & Disability Insurance
Employees have a variety of options for life insurance and accidental death and disability insurance.
POSITION: REGISTERED NURSE- MEDICAL OFFICE
The duties and responsibilities of the medical office RN include:
Seeking energetic and self-motivated RN for a new Urology practice opening in Smithfield. Must be able to excel in multi-tasking, in addition to being proficient in skills related to Urology; such as foley catheters, procedures and high-level disinfection. Must be a team player, able to work well with peers.
Expected duties will include:
· Complete Pre-Visit Planning
· Rooming patients (vitals, complete history, medication reconciliation)
· Triaging patient telephone calls and directs calls appropriately.
· Injections, venipuncture for labs
· Procedures: inserting foley catheters, prepping patients for cystoscopy/prostate biopsy/vasectomy, assisting physician during procedure, high-level disinfection of instruments and equipment.
· Run controls and maintaining log books of equipment.
· Complete prior authorizations on medications.
· Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
· Patient teaching.
· Maintains adequate stock of and orders clinic supplies, office supplies, and equipment.
· Maintains clean and organized work environment including nurses station, exam rooms, front desk, and medication room.
· Participate in unit performance improvement activities.
Adheres to the
American Nurses Association Code of Ethics.
Recognizes, supports and utilizes evidence based nursing practices.
Maintains compliance with established safety and regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention policies and procedures. Maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
Demonstrates competence in patient care skills within the scope of practice for the Registered Nurse, to include patient assessment, assisting with exams and procedures, administering medications, and patient education.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Diploma, Associate Degree (ADN) or Bachelors Degree (BSN) from an accredited school of Nursing.
Current NC RN License required
Current BCLS required
Previous experience in physician office, urgent care, or emergency department preferred.
Primary Location: Smithfield, North Carolina, United States
Department: UPN1-82105-UNC UROLOGY AT SMITHFIELD
Shift: Day Job