Holding a patient’s hand before a procedure. Listening to their concerns with empathy. Comforting a frightened child. These are the qualities UNC Physicians Network seeks in their nurses. As one of our trusted nurses, you’ll help men and women get back on their feet while bringing them peace of mind. UNC Physicians Network nursing department is as much about kindness and caring for the whole person as it is about medical and technical knowledge.
- Job Type: Day Shifts, Night Shifts, Per Diem
- Job Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
What do we look for in a Nurse at UNC Physicians Network? Below are candidate traits that encompass the Empathy and Expertise needed to provide the exceptional care our patients deserve.
- Good listener
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
UNC really promotes being part of a team and they back it up by offering courses and classes for their employees to learn how to collaborate.
Ashley McQueen, RN Clinical Coordinator
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Vision and Dental insurance is available for employees through the North Carolina Flexible Benefits Program (NC Flex). Different families and individuals have different needs when it comes to health insurance. We offer three different levels of coverage to meet employees' personal needs.
Employees can feel secure in their future with a 403b account option. A 403b account functions like a 401k, but is offered by non-profit, religious, and government organizations.
We're aware of employees’ needs for time off from work, whether for planned rest and recreation, personal illness, or emergencies, and the importance of income continuation during those times.
Life & Disability Insurance
Employees have a variety of options for life insurance and accidental death and disability insurance.
- Maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates competence in patient care skills within the scope of practice for the Licensed Practical Nurse to include assisting with exams and procedures, administering medications, reinforcing patient education, and other procedures as directed by the RN or physician.
- Documents care provided in the patient's medical record.
- Processes orders, returns patient calls, and notifies patients of diagnostic results as directed by the physician.
- Assists with the maintenance of adequate supplies, and performs and documents medical equipment safety checks.
- Maintains compliance with established safety and regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention policies and procedures. Participates in unit performance improvement activities.
- Demonstrates good customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, and visitors.
- Exhibits effective communication skills and team work.
Education and Experience:
Primary Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Department: UPN2-72000-GP BOYLAN-BROWNING ADMIN
Shift: Day Job