Holding a patient’s hand before a procedure. Listening to their concerns with empathy. Comforting a frightened child. These are the qualities UNC Physicians Network seeks in their nurses. As one of our trusted nurses, you’ll help men and women get back on their feet while bringing them peace of mind. UNC Physicians Network nursing department is as much about kindness and caring for the whole person as it is about medical and technical knowledge.
- Job Type: Day Shifts, Night Shifts, Per Diem
- Job Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
What do we look for in a Nurse at UNC Physicians Network? Below are candidate traits that encompass the Empathy and Expertise needed to provide the exceptional care our patients deserve.
- Good listener
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
UNC really promotes being part of a team and they back it up by offering courses and classes for their employees to learn how to collaborate.
Ashley McQueen, RN Clinical Coordinator
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Vision and Dental insurance is available for employees through the North Carolina Flexible Benefits Program (NC Flex). Different families and individuals have different needs when it comes to health insurance. We offer three different levels of coverage to meet employees' personal needs.
Employees can feel secure in their future with a 403b account option. A 403b account functions like a 401k, but is offered by non-profit, religious, and government organizations.
We're aware of employees’ needs for time off from work, whether for planned rest and recreation, personal illness, or emergencies, and the importance of income continuation during those times.
Life & Disability Insurance
Employees have a variety of options for life insurance and accidental death and disability insurance.
The Case Manager provides ongoing outreach and focused care management services for a diverse population of high priority, complex patients. Individualized patient education around disease prevention, chronic disease management, care transitions, and health plan benefits is provided. This position works collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team of professionals responsible for optimizing the patient care plan. Develops effective relationships with in-network, out-of-network practices and care team members to improve care coordination and patient outcomes. Accountable for achieving productivity, quality, and cost containment targets.
- Identifying needs and planning training and development programs to ensure consistent population health and care management processes.
- Ensures clinical competency and skills assessment is completed annually for clinical staff. Provides support for staff that require remediation or additional training to achieve compliance.
- Develops training programs consistent with evidenced based guidelines and status of staff.
- Works in collaboration with Quality Improvement to establish documentation standards, recommended workflows, and policies and procedures for clinical staff.
- Identifies quality improvement initiatives, and works collaboratively with practice staff to establish goals to improve clinical outcomes.
- Responsible for maintaining current skills through self-development and relevant education. Identifies trends and responds proactively to changes in the health care market place.
- Maintains compliance with governmental and regulatory agencies, including CMS and commercial insurers.
Education and Experience:
Primary Location: Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
Department: UPN1-10032-POP HEALTH CLINICAL SERVICES
Shift: Day Job