Holding a patient’s hand before a procedure. Listening to their concerns with empathy. Comforting a frightened child. These are the qualities UNC Physicians Network seeks in their nurses. As one of our trusted nurses, you’ll help men and women get back on their feet while bringing them peace of mind. UNC Physicians Network nursing department is as much about kindness and caring for the whole person as it is about medical and technical knowledge.
- Job Type: Day Shifts, Night Shifts, Per Diem
- Job Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
What do we look for in a Nurse at UNC Physicians Network? Below are candidate traits that encompass the Empathy and Expertise needed to provide the exceptional care our patients deserve.
- Good listener
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
UNC really promotes being part of a team and they back it up by offering courses and classes for their employees to learn how to collaborate.
Ashley McQueen, RN Clinical Coordinator
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Vision and Dental insurance is available for employees through the North Carolina Flexible Benefits Program (NC Flex). Different families and individuals have different needs when it comes to health insurance. We offer three different levels of coverage to meet employees' personal needs.
Employees can feel secure in their future with a 403b account option. A 403b account functions like a 401k, but is offered by non-profit, religious, and government organizations.
We're aware of employees’ needs for time off from work, whether for planned rest and recreation, personal illness, or emergencies, and the importance of income continuation during those times.
Life & Disability Insurance
Employees have a variety of options for life insurance and accidental death and disability insurance.
Provides comprehensive care management services to diverse populations in centralized, inpatient and ambulatory care settings. Responsible for assessment and care coordination
of high risk, complex patients. Develops collaborative relationships with providers and care team members to facilitate high quality, low cost care. Accountable for consistently
achieving productivity and quality metrics.
Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows, other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Serves as a patient advocate, supporting shared decision making and the use of decision aids, such as motivational interviewing and health coaching.
3. Utilizes population management data and resources to identify, assess and prioritize at risk patients. Delegates responsibilities to care management support staff to increase efficiency and ensure timely access for member populations.
4. Works collaboratively with care team members to facilitate high quality, low cost care.
5. Coordinates care, identifies resources, and facilitates care transitions to avoid preventable admissions and Emergency Department visits.
6. Educates patients and families on a variety of topics, including health plan benefits, navigating the health care system, disease prevention and maintenance, and resources to support self-management.
7. Reviews and monitors patient outcome data, and works collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team to optimize the patient care plan.
8. Responsible for compliance with standard work to include frequency of patient outreach, implementation of clinical pathways and documentation of care management process in EMR to promote continuity of care across the continuum.
9. Responsible for consistently meeting productivity and quality metrics to include enrollment, patient engagement, and utilization and graduation rates.
10. Actively participates in care team meetings, problem solving, goal setting and quality improvement initiatives.
11. Maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
Education and Experience:
Primary Location: Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
Department: 3200-10069-Pop Health-UNCPN Care Mgmt
Shift: Day Job