COUNSELOR - UNCPN CORPORATE HEALTHApply Email Job Current employees click here Job ID HOM000Q9
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position serves onsite for a large RTP technology company. The responsibilities of the counselor include:
- Interviews patient to obtain information concerning medical history or other pertinent information with full consideration of patient safety needs.
- Plans and administers therapeutic treatment such as behavior modification and stress management therapy to assist patient with problem management.
- Changes method and degree of therapy when indicated by client needs
- Discusses progress toward goals with client such as stress reduction, or the development of coping mechanisms.
- Consults with medical doctor or other specialists concerning treatment plan and amends plan as directed.
- Conducts peer counseling groups, cancer support groups and family counseling groups, and classes on stress management and behavior change strategies.
- Refers client to supportive services to supplement treatment and counseling.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Master's Degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training;or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Primary Location: Durham, North Carolina, United States
Department: 3200-60870-UNCPN Cisco LifeConnections
Shift: Day Job