Holding a patient’s hand before a procedure. Listening to their concerns with empathy. Comforting a frightened child. These are the qualities UNC Physicians Network seeks in their nurses. As one of our trusted nurses, you’ll help men and women get back on their feet while bringing them peace of mind. UNC Physicians Network nursing department is as much about kindness and caring for the whole person as it is about medical and technical knowledge.
- Job Type: Day Shifts, Night Shifts, Per Diem
- Job Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
What do we look for in a Nurse at UNC Physicians Network? Below are candidate traits that encompass the Empathy and Expertise needed to provide the exceptional care our patients deserve.
- Good listener
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
UNC really promotes being part of a team and they back it up by offering courses and classes for their employees to learn how to collaborate.
Ashley McQueen, RN Clinical Coordinator
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Vision and Dental insurance is available for employees through the North Carolina Flexible Benefits Program (NC Flex). Different families and individuals have different needs when it comes to health insurance. We offer three different levels of coverage to meet employees' personal needs.
Employees can feel secure in their future with a 403b account option. A 403b account functions like a 401k, but is offered by non-profit, religious, and government organizations.
We're aware of employees’ needs for time off from work, whether for planned rest and recreation, personal illness, or emergencies, and the importance of income continuation during those times.
Life & Disability Insurance
Employees have a variety of options for life insurance and accidental death and disability insurance.
Provides patient care within the scope of practice for the licensed Registered Nurse. Facilitates patient flow and assists with prioritization of work assignments.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
2. Demonstrates competence in patient care skills within the scope of practice for the Registered Nurse, to include patient assessment, assisting with exams and procedures, administering medications, and patient education.
3. Processes orders, returns patient calls, and notifies of diagnostic results as directed by the physician.
4. Appropriately documents care provided in the patient's medical record.
5. Facilitates effective patient flow and assists with prioritization of work assignments.
6. Assists with the maintenance of adequate levels of supplies and performs and documents medical equipment safety checks.
7. Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics. Recognizes, supports and utilizes evidence based nursing practices.
8. Maintains compliance with established safety and regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention policies and procedures. Participates in unit based performance improvement activitIes.
9. Demonstrates good customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, and visitors. Exhibits effective communication and team work.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Diploma, Associate Degree (ADN) or Bachelors Degree (BSN) from an accredited school of Nursing.
Previous experience in physician office, urgent care, emergency department preferred.
Licensed to practice as Registered Nurse in North Carolina.
BCLS certification required.
Primary Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Department: 3200-30310-UNCPN Chapel Hill Internal Med
Shift: Day Job